Package: apmd (3.2.2-14 and others)
Links for apmd
Download Source Package apmd:
- Homepage [alumnit.ca]
Utilities for Advanced Power Management (APM)
On laptop computers, the Advanced Power Management (APM) support provides access to battery status information and may help you to conserve battery power, depending on your laptop and the APM implementation. The apmd program also lets you run arbitrary programs when APM events happen (for example, you can eject PCMCIA devices when you suspend, or change hard drive timeouts when you connect the battery).
This package contains apmd(8), a daemon for logging and acting on APM events; and apm(1), a client that prints the information in /proc/apm in a readable format.
apmd is notified of APM events by the APM driver in the kernel.
Since lenny Debian kernels are not built with APM support anymore. You need to compile a kernel with apm support enabled to use this package. You need to boot the kernel with the "apm=on" option if you want to enable the driver.
In most cases, users may want to know that there are newer power management schemes, like ACPI.
Other Packages Related to apmd
- dep: libapm1 (>= 3.2.0-7)
- Library for interacting with APM driver in kernel
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.1) [i386]
- Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.13) [s390x]
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.2) [mips, mipsel]
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.2.5) [amd64]
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.4) [armel, powerpc, s390]
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.6) [sparc]
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.7) [armhf]
- dep: lsb-base (>= 1.3-9ubuntu3)
- Linux Standard Base 4.1 init script functionality
- dep: powermgmt-base
- Common utils and configs for power management
- sug: xapm
- X program to monitor APM battery status
|Architecture||Version||Package Size||Installed Size||Files|
|amd64||3.2.2-14||52.1 kB||252.0 kB||[list of files]|
|armel||3.2.2-14+b1||53.1 kB||248.0 kB||[list of files]|
|armhf||3.2.2-14||52.7 kB||182.0 kB||[list of files]|
|i386||3.2.2-14||52.8 kB||248.0 kB||[list of files]|
|ia64||3.2.2-14+b1||59.3 kB||284.0 kB||[list of files]|
|mips||3.2.2-14||51.5 kB||256.0 kB||[list of files]|
|mipsel||3.2.2-14||51.5 kB||256.0 kB||[list of files]|
|powerpc||3.2.2-14+b1||56.3 kB||264.0 kB||[list of files]|
|s390||3.2.2-14||52.1 kB||252.0 kB||[list of files]|
|s390x||3.2.2-14||54.0 kB||198.0 kB||[list of files]|
|sparc||3.2.2-14||51.9 kB||248.0 kB||[list of files]|