Package: debirf (0.27-1)
Links for debirf
Download Source Package debirf:
- Homepage [cmrg.fifthhorseman.net]
build a kernel and initrd to run Debian from RAM
debirf (DEBian on Initial Ram Filesystem) is a set of tools designed to create and prepare a kernel and initial ram filesystem that can run a full-blown Debian environment entirely from RAM.
The kernel and initramfs pair created by debirf can be used for a myriad of purposes, from quick-and-easy system repair to diskless thin clients. The kernel and initrd can be placed in your system boot partition, burnt to read-only media, or supplied by a netboot server.
The debirf tools use a module architecture which allows you to customize debirf for any possible purpose by specifying what components are included in the generated image.
Other Packages Related to debirf
- dep: apt
- Advanced front-end for dpkg
- dep: cpio
- GNU cpio -- a program to manage archives of files
- dep: debootstrap
- Bootstrap a basic Debian system
- dep: fakechroot
- gives a fake chroot environment
- dep: fakeroot
- Gives a fake root environment
- dep: klibc-utils
- small utilities built with klibc for early boot