Package: flashrom (0.9.5.2+r1546-1)
Links for flashrom
Download Source Package flashrom:
- Homepage [www.flashrom.org]
Identify, read, write, erase, and verify BIOS/ROM/flash chips
flashrom is a tool for identifying, reading, writing, verifying and erasing flash chips. It's often used to flash BIOS/EFI/coreboot/firmware/optionROM images in-system using a supported mainboard, but it also supports flashing of network cards (NICs), SATA controller cards, and other external devices which can program flash chips.
It supports a wide range of DIP32, PLCC32, DIP8, SO8/SOIC8, TSOP32/40/48, and BGA chips, which use various protocols such as LPC, FWH, parallel flash, or SPI.
The tool can be used to flash BIOS/firmware images for example -- be it proprietary BIOS images or coreboot (previously known as LinuxBIOS) images.
It can also be used to read the current existing BIOS/firmware from a flash chip.
Currently supported programmers include:
* internal (default, for in-system flashing in the mainboard) * dummy (virtual programmer for testing flashrom) * nic3com (for flash ROMs on 3COM network cards) * nicrealtek (for flash ROMs on Realtek network cards) * nicsmc1211 (for flash ROMs on RTL8139-compatible SMC2 network cards) * nicnatsemi (for flash ROMs on National Semiconductor DP838* network cards) * nicintel (for parallel flash ROMs on Intel 10/100Mbit network cards) * gfxnvidia (for flash ROMs on NVIDIA graphics cards) * drkaiser (for flash ROMs on Dr. Kaiser PC-Waechter PCI cards) * satasii (for flash ROMs on Silicon Image SATA/IDE controllers) * satamv (for flash ROMs on Marvell SATA controllers) * atahpt (for flash ROMs on Highpoint ATA/RAID controllers) * ft2232_spi (for SPI flash ROMs attached to an FT2232/FT4232H family based USB SPI programmer), including the DLP Design DLP-USB1232H, FTDI FT2232H Mini-Module, FTDI FT4232H Mini-Module, openbiosprog-spi, Amontec JTAGkey/JTAGkey-tiny/JTAGkey-2, Olimex ARM-USB-TINY/-H, and Olimex ARM-USB-OCD/-H. * serprog (for flash ROMs attached to a programmer speaking serprog), including AVR flasher by Urja Rannikko, AVR flasher by eightdot, Arduino Mega flasher by fritz, InSystemFlasher by Juhana Helovuo, and atmegaXXu2-flasher by Stefan Tauner. * buspirate_spi (for SPI flash ROMs attached to a Bus Pirate) * dediprog (for SPI flash ROMs attached to a Dediprog SF100) * rayer_spi (for SPI flash ROMs attached to a RayeR parport based programmer) * pony_spi (for SPI flash ROMs attached to a SI-Prog serial port bitbanging adapter) * nicintel_spi (for SPI flash ROMs on Intel Gigabit network cards) * ogp_spi (for SPI flash ROMs on Open Graphics Project graphics card) * linux_spi (for SPI flash ROMs accessible via /dev/spidevX.Y on Linux)
Other Packages Related to flashrom
- dep: libftdi1 (>= 0.19)
- Library to control and program the FTDI USB controller
- dep: libpci3 (>= 1:3.1.7)
- linuxové nástroje pre PCI (zdieľaná knižnica)
- rec: dmidecode
- dekodér tabuľky SMBIOS/DMI