Package: spl-dkms (0.7.13-1)
Links for spl-dkms
Download Source Package spl-linux:
- Debian ZFS on Linux maintainers (QA Page)
- Aron Xu (QA Page)
- Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez (QA Page)
- Mo Zhou (QA Page)
- Homepage [www.zfsonlinux.org]
Solaris Porting Layer kernel modules for Linux
The Solaris Porting Layer (SPL) is a Linux kernel module which provides many of the Solaris kernel APIs. This shim layer makes it possible to run Solaris kernel code in the Linux kernel with relatively minimal modification. The Solaris Porting LAyer Tests (SPLAT) is a Linux kernel module which provides a testing harness for the SPL module.
SPL can be particularly useful when you want to track upstream Illumos (or any other OpenSolaris fork) development closely and don't want the overhead of maintaining a large patch which converts Solaris primitives to Linux primitives.
This package contains the source code for the SPL and SPLAT Linux kernel modules, which can be used with DKMS, so that local kernel modules are automatically built and installed every time the kernel packages are upgraded.
Other Packages Related to spl-dkms
- dep: dkms (>> 18.104.22.168)
- Dynamic Kernel Module Support Framework
- dep: file
- Recognize the type of data in a file using "magic" numbers
- dep: libelf-dev
- libelf1 development libraries and header files
- dep: lsb-release
- Linux Standard Base version reporting utility