Package: binfmt-support (2.1.8-1) [debports]
Links for binfmt-support
- Homepage [binfmt-support.nongnu.org]
Support for extra binary formats
The binfmt_misc kernel module, contained in versions 2.1.43 and later of the Linux kernel, allows system administrators to register interpreters for various binary formats based on a magic number or their file extension, and cause the appropriate interpreter to be invoked whenever a matching file is executed. Think of it as a more flexible version of the #! executable interpreter mechanism.
This package provides an 'update-binfmts' script with which package maintainers can register interpreters to be used with this module without having to worry about writing their own init.d scripts, and which sysadmins can use for a slightly higher-level interface to this module.
Other Packages Related to binfmt-support
- dep: init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~)
- helper tools for all init systems
- dep: libpipeline1 (>= 1.0.0)
- pipeline manipulation library
- dep: lsb-base (>= 4.1+Debian3)
- Linux Standard Base init script functionality