Package: python3-rich (10.12.0-1)
Links for python3-rich
Download Source Package rich:
- Homepage [github.com]
render rich text, tables, progress bars, syntax highlighting, markdown and more
Rich is a Python library for rich text and beautiful formatting in the terminal.
The Rich API makes it easy to add color and style to terminal output. Rich can also render pretty tables, progress bars, markdown, syntax highlighted source code, tracebacks, and more — out of the box.
Here's a list of the core functionalities of rich:
* to effortlessly add rich output to your application, you can import the rich print method, which has the same signature as the builtin Python function * Rich can be installed in the Python REPL, so that any data structures will be pretty printed and highlighted * for more control over rich terminal content, import and construct a Console object. The Console object has a print method which has an intentionally similar interface to the builtin print function * to insert an emoji in to console output place the name between two colons * Rich can render flexible tables with unicode box characters. There is a large variety of formatting options for borders, styles, cell alignment etc * Rich can render multiple flicker-free progress bars to track long-running tasks. * Rich can render content in neat columns with equal or optimal width. * Rich can render markdown and does a reasonable job of translating the formatting to the terminal * Rich can render beautiful tracebacks which are easier to read and show more code than standard Python tracebacks. You can set Rich as the default traceback handler so all uncaught exceptions will be rendered by Rich.
Other Packages Related to python3-rich
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- dep: python3-colorama (>= 0.4.0)
- Cross-platform colored terminal text in Python - Python 3.x
- dep: python3-commonmark (>= 0.9.0)
- Python parser for the CommonMark Markdown spec
- dep: python3-pygments (>= 2.6.0)
- syntax highlighting package written in Python 3
- dep: python3-typing-extensions (>= 3.7.4)
- Backported and Experimental Type Hints for Python