Package: python-hachoir-metadata (1.3.3-2)
Links for python-hachoir-metadata
Download Source Package hachoir-metadata:
- Homepage [bitbucket.org]
Program to extract metadata using Hachoir library
hachoir-metadata extracts metadata from multimedia files: music, picture, video, but also archives. It supports most common file formats:
* Archives: bzip2, gzip, zip, tar * Audio: MPEG audio ("MP3"), WAV, Sun/NeXT audio, Ogg/Vorbis (OGG), MIDI, AIFF, AIFC, Real audio (RA) * Image: BMP, CUR, EMF, ICO, GIF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF, WMF, XCF * Video: ASF format (WMV video), AVI, Matroska (MKV), Quicktime (MOV), Ogg/Theora, Real media (RM)
It tries to give as much information as possible. For some file formats, it gives really more information than libextractor for example. RIFF parser is really good for example, it can extract creation date, software used to generate the file, etc. But hachoir-metadata can not guess information. The most complex operation is just to compute duration of a music using frame size and file size.
hachoir-metadata has three modes:
* classic mode: extract metadata, you can use --level=LEVEL to limit quantity of information to display (and not to extract) * --type: show on one line the file format and most important information * --mime: just display file MIME type
The command 'hachoir-metadata --mime' works like 'file --mime', and 'hachoir-metadata --type' like 'file'. But today file command supports more file formats then hachoir-metadata.
Other Packages Related to python-hachoir-metadata
- dep: python
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (Python2 version)
- dep: python-hachoir-parser (>= 1.3)
- Package of Hachoir parsers used to open binary files