Package: afflib-tools (3.7.18-4) [debports]
Links for afflib-tools
- Homepage [github.com]
Advanced Forensics Format Library (utilities)
The Advanced Forensic Format (AFF) is on-disk format for storing computer forensic information. Critical features of AFF include:
- AFF allows you to store both computer forensic data and associated metadata in one or more files. - AFF allows files to be digital signed, to provide for chain-of-custody and long-term file integrity. - AFF allows for forensic disk images to stored encrypted and decrypted on-the-fly for processing. This allows disk images containing privacy sensitive material to be stored on the Internet.
This package provides the AFF Toolkit, that is a set of programs for working with computer forensic information. Using these tools you can:
* Interconvert disk images between a variety of formats, including: - raw or "dd"; - splitraw (in which a single image is split between multiple files); - AFF format (in which the entire disk image is stored in a single file); - AFD format (in which a disk image is stored in multiple AFF files stored in a single directory); - AFM format (in which an AFF file is used to annotate a raw file). * Compare disk images and report the data or metadata that is different. * Copy disk images from one location to another, with full verification of data, metadata, and the automatic generation of a chain-of-custody segment. * Find errors in an AFF file and fix them. * Print information about a file. * Print detailed statistics about a file * Generate a XML representation of a disk image's metadata (for example, acquisition time or the serial number of the acquisition device). * Produce a XML "diskprint" which allows a disk image to be rapidly fingerprinted without having the computer the SHA1 of the entire disk.
The AFF Toolkit provides these executables: affcat, affcompare, affconvert, affcopy, affcrypto, affdiskprint, affinfo, affix, affrecover, affsegment, affsign, affstats, affuse, affverify and affxml.
Other Packages Related to afflib-tools
- dep: libafflib0v5 (>= 3.7.16)
- Advanced Forensics Format Library
- dep: libexpat1 (>= 2.0.1)
- XML parsing C library - runtime library
- dep: libfuse2 (>= 2.6)
- Filesystem in Userspace (library)
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:3.0)
- GCC support library
- dep: libssl1.1 (>= 1.1.0)
- Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 5.2)
- GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- sug: xmount
- tool to crossmount between multiple input and output harddisk images