Package: packer (0.10.2+dfsg-3)
Links for packer
Download Source Package packer:
- Homepage [www.packer.io]
tool for creating machine images for multiple platforms
Packer is a CLI tool for the automatic creation of identical machine images (single deployable units that contain a pre-configured OS and installed software) for multiple platforms (public cloud providers, private cloud and desktop virtualization solutions) from a single JSON template resp. configuration file.
Packer features builders for the following target platforms which could be employed on Debian:
- Amazon Web Services (EBS-backed Amazon Machine Images for EC2, and other types) - Microsoft Azure (VHDs in the Azure Resource Manager) - DigitalOcean (reuseable snapshots from available source images) - Docker - Google Compute Engine (images based on existing images) - OpenStack (new reuseable images for servers in OpenStack clouds) - QEMU (KVM and Xen virtual machine images) - Oracle VirtualBox (virtual machine images)
A number of post-processors are included like for creating Vagrant boxes.
Several provisioners resp. remote execution systems, namely Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, and shell based provisioning (using SSH) are supported to configure and install software on the machines automatically after fresh OSs have been set up. Provisioning Windows machines via Windows shell and PowerShell is included (using WinRM).
For the documentation of Packer, please see <https://www.packer.io/docs>.
Other Packages Related to packer
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.17) [arm64, ppc64el]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.3.2) [amd64]
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6~) [i386]
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.4) [armel, armhf]
|Architecture||Package Size||Installed Size||Files|
|amd64||6,714.8 kB||31,970.0 kB||[list of files]|
|arm64||6,626.6 kB||41,061.0 kB||[list of files]|
|armel||5,762.0 kB||28,552.0 kB||[list of files]|
|armhf||5,722.0 kB||28,428.0 kB||[list of files]|
|i386||6,277.2 kB||28,036.0 kB||[list of files]|
|ppc64 (unofficial port)||5,432.6 kB||33,205.0 kB||[list of files]|
|ppc64el||5,674.4 kB||33,272.0 kB||[list of files]|