Package: logcheck (1.4.3)
Links for logcheck
Download Source Package logcheck:
check the system log for unusual entries
Logcheck analyses the system log for unuexpected entries that could indicate problems or security issues.
Log entries in the system log (produced by systemd-journald, rsyslog or another system-log-dameon) are checked against a customisable database of regular expressions (such as that provided by the logcheck-database package) to identify routine messages: anything that does not identified as routine is reported to the system administrator.
Logcheck was originally part of the Abacus Project of security tools, but has been rewritten.
Other Packages Related to logcheck
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: lockfile-progs
- Programs for locking and unlocking files and mailboxes
- dep: logtail
- Identify new lines added to the end of log files
- dep: mime-construct
- construct/send MIME messages from the command line
- rec: logcheck-database (>= 1.4.3)
- database of system log rules for logcheck