Package: llvm-3.5 (1:3.5-6) [debports]
Links for llvm-3.5
- Homepage [www.llvm.org]
Modular compiler and toolchain technologies
LLVM is a collection of libraries and tools that make it easy to build compilers, optimizers, just-in-time code generators, and many other compiler-related programs.
LLVM uses a single, language-independent virtual instruction set both as an offline code representation (to communicate code between compiler phases and to run-time systems) and as the compiler internal representation (to analyze and transform programs). This persistent code representation allows a common set of sophisticated compiler techniques to be applied at compile-time, link-time, install-time, run-time, or "idle-time" (between program runs).
The strengths of the LLVM infrastructure are its extremely simple design (which makes it easy to understand and use), source-language independence, powerful mid-level optimizer, automated compiler debugging support, extensibility, and its stability and reliability. LLVM is currently being used to host a wide variety of academic research projects and commercial projects. LLVM includes C and C++ front-ends, a front-end for a Forth-like language (Stacker), a young scheme front-end, and Java support is in development. LLVM can generate code for X86, SparcV9, PowerPC or many other architectures.
LLVM is the key component of the clang compiler and the gcc plugin called dragonegg.
Other Packages Related to llvm-3.5
- dep: libedit2 (>= 2.11-20080614)
- BSD editline and history libraries
- dep: libffi6 (>= 3.1-2+b2)
- Foreign Function Interface library runtime
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.7)
- GCC support library
- dep: libllvm3.5
- Modular compiler and toolchain technologies, runtime library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.9)
- GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: libtinfo5
- shared low-level terminfo library (legacy version)
- dep: llvm-3.5-runtime (= 1:3.5-6)
- Modular compiler and toolchain technologies, IR interpreter
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- rec: llvm-3.5-dev
- Modular compiler and toolchain technologies, libraries and headers
- sug: llvm-3.5-doc
- Package not available