Package: ifupdown-extra (0.31)
Links for ifupdown-extra
Download Source Package ifupdown-extra:
Network scripts for ifupdown
This package provides a set of network testing scripts to be used together with the ifupdown package. These scripts can:
- check the network cable before an interface is configured. - test if an assigned IPv4 or IPv6 address is already in use in the network. - test if default network gateways are reachable. - setup default static routes for interfaces.
Additionally network static routes can also be defined globally for the system when this is needed (e.g. for 'reject' rules) and will be added after network initialisation.
This package also provides 'network-test', a script to test the network configuration status by checking:
- Status of available interface. - Availability of configured gateway routes. - If host resolution is working properly (DNS checks). - If network connectivity is working, including ICMP and web connections to remote web servers.
Other Packages Related to ifupdown-extra
- dep: dpkg (>= 126.96.36.199)
- Debian package management system
- dep: curl
- command line tool for transferring data with URL syntax
- dep: iproute2
- networking and traffic control tools
- dep: lsb-base
- Linux Standard Base init script functionality
- dep: net-tools
- NET-3 networking toolkit