Package: apt-cacher (18.104.22.168)
Links for apt-cacher
Download Source Package apt-cacher:
Caching proxy server for Debian/Ubuntu/Devuan software repositories
Apt-cacher performs caching of files requested by apt-get (or other APT clients such as aptitude or synaptic). Apt-cacher can also proxy Debian Bugs SOAP requests for apt-listbugs. It is most useful for local area networks with limited network bandwidth or to reduce multiple large downloads.
When a file or package is requested, apt-cacher checks whether it already has the requested version, in which case it fulfils the request immediately. If not, it downloads the package while streaming it to the client at the same time. A local copy is then kept for any subsequent requests.
Apt-cacher has been optimized for best utilization of network bandwidth and is efficient even on slow or low-memory servers. Multiple ways of installation are possible: as a stand-alone proxy, as a daemon executed by inetd or as a CGI program (deprecated). Client machines are configured by changing APT's proxy configuration or modification of access URLs in sources.list.
The package includes utilities to clean the cache (removing obsolete package files), generate usage reports and import existing package files. Optional features include a file checksum verification framework, IPv6 support, FTP and HTTPS (proxying only) support as well as the simultaneous caching of repositories from different distributions.
Apt-cacher can be used as a replacement for apt-proxy, with no need to modify client's /etc/apt/sources.list files (and even reusing its config and cached data), or as an alternative to approx.
Other Packages Related to apt-cacher
- dep: ed
- classic UNIX line editor
- dep: libdpkg-perl
- Dpkg perl modules
- dep: libfilesys-df-perl
- Module to obtain filesystem disk space information
- dep: libio-interactive-perl
- utility module for interactive I/O
- dep: libio-interface-perl
- socket methods to get/set interface characteristics
- dep: libipc-shareable-perl
- module to access IPC shared memory segments through perl
- dep: libnetaddr-ip-perl
- IP address manipulation module
- dep: libsys-syscall-perl
- module to access system calls that Perl doesn't normally provide access to
- dep: libwww-curl-perl (>= 4.00)
- Perl bindings to libcurl
- dep: libwww-perl
- simple and consistent interface to the world-wide web
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.2-14)
- Linux Standard Base init script functionality
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- dep: update-inetd
- inetd configuration file updater
- rec: libberkeleydb-perl (>= 0.34)
- use Berkeley DB databases from Perl
- rec: libio-compress-lzma-perl
- modules for reading and writing lzma/xz files/buffers