Package: cedar-backup2 (2.27.0-5)
Links for cedar-backup2
Download Source Package cedar-backup2:
- Homepage [bitbucket.org]
local and remote backups to CD/DVD media or Amazon S3 storage
Cedar Backup 2 is a software package designed to manage system backups for a pool of local and remote machines. Cedar Backup understands how to back up filesystem data as well as MySQL and PostgreSQL databases and Subversion repositories. It can also be easily extended to support other kinds of data sources.
Cedar Backup is focused around weekly backups to a single CD or DVD disc, with the expectation that the disc will be changed or overwritten at the beginning of each week. If your hardware is new enough, Cedar Backup can write multisession discs, allowing you to add incremental data to a disc on a daily basis.
Alternately, Cedar Backup can write your backups to the Amazon S3 cloud rather than relying on physical media.
Besides offering command-line utilities to manage the backup process, Cedar Backup provides a well-organized library of backup-related functionality, written in the Python 2 programming language.
This package provides Cedar Backup command-line utilities as well as the CedarBackup2 Python library. The accompanying documentation package (cedar-backup2-doc) contains all of the end-user and library public interface documentation. You really should install cedar-backup2-doc and read through the end-user documentation before using Cedar Backup for the first time.
Other Packages Related to cedar-backup2
- dep: python
- linguagem interativa de alto nível orientada a objetos (versão Python2)
- dep: python-chardet
- detector de codificação de caracteres universal para Python2
- rec: awscli (>= 1.11.13-1)
- Universal Command Line Environment for AWS
- rec: cedar-backup2-doc
- local and remote backups to CD/DVD media or Amazon S3 storage (documentation)
- rec: dvd+rw-tools
- ferramentas DVD+-RW/R
- rec: eject
- ejeta CDs e opera disqueteiras sob o Linux
- rec: genisoimage
- cria imagens de sistemas de arquivos de CD-ROM ISO-9660
- rec: ssh
- servidor e cliente "secure shell" (meta pacote)
- rec: wodim
- ferramenta para gravação de CD/DVD em linha de comando
- sug: gnupg
- GNU privacy guard - um substituto livre do PGP
- sug: grepmail
- procura em mailboxes por mensagens com uma expressão equivalente
- sug: subversion
- sistema avançado de controle de versões