Package: hmmer (3.0-4)
Links for hmmer
Download Source Package hmmer:
- Debian Med Packaging Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Matthew Vernon (QA Page)
- Nelson A. de Oliveira (QA Page)
- Andreas Tille (QA Page)
- Charles Plessy (QA Page)
- Eric Talevich (QA Page)
- Homepage [hmmer.janelia.org]
profile hidden Markov models for protein sequence analysis
HMMER is an implementation of profile hidden Markov model methods for sensitive searches of biological sequence databases using multiple sequence alignments as queries.
Given a multiple sequence alignment as input, HMMER builds a statistical model called a "hidden Markov model" which can then be used as a query into a sequence database to find (and/or align) additional homologues of the sequence family.
Other Packages Related to hmmer
- sug: hmmer-doc (>= 3.0-4)
- profile hidden Markov models for protein sequence analysis (docs)