Pakket: libmpfi-dev (1.5.3+ds-2)
Verwijzigingen voor libmpfi-dev
Het bronpakket mpfi downloaden:
- Homepage [mpfi.gforge.inria.fr]
multiple precision floating-point interval computation library -- libdev
This package provides a C library of functions for interval arithmetic computations with arbitrary precision.
The basic principle of interval arithmetic consists in enclosing every number by an interval containing it and being representable by machine numbers: for instance it can be stored as its lower and upper endpoints and these bounds are machine numbers, or as a centre and a radius which are machine numbers.
The arithmetic operations are extended for interval operands in such a way that the exact result of the operation belongs to the computed interval.
The purpose of an arbitrary precision interval arithmetic is on the one hand to get guaranteed results, thanks to interval computation, and on the other hand to obtain accurate results, thanks to multiple precision arithmetic. The MPFI library is built upon MPFR in order to benefit from the correct roundings provided by MPFR. Further advantages of using MPFR are its portability and compliance with the IEEE 754 standard for floating-point arithmetic.
This package provides the static library and symbolic links needed for development.
Andere aan libmpfi-dev gerelateerde pakketten
- dep: libgmp-dev
- Multiprecision arithmetic library developers tools
- dep: libmpfi-dev-common (= 1.5.3+ds-2)
- multiple precision floating-point interval computation library -- headers
- dep: libmpfi0 (= 1.5.3+ds-2)
- multiple precision floating-point interval computation library -- lib
- dep: libmpfr-dev
- multiple precision floating-point computation developers tools