Package: tightvncserver (1.3.9-6.5+deb8u1) [security]
Links for tightvncserver
Download Source Package tightvnc:
- Homepage [www.tightvnc.com]
virtual network computing server software
VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing. It is, in essence, a remote display system which allows you to view a computing `desktop' environment not only on the machine where it is running, but from anywhere on the Internet and from a wide variety of machine architectures.
This package provides a server to which X clients can connect and the server generates a display that can be viewed with a vncviewer.
The difference between the tightvncserver and the normal vncserver is the data encoding, optimized for low bandwidth connections. If the client do not support jpeg or zlib encoding it can use the default one. Later versions of vncserver (> 3.3.3r2) support a new automatic encoding that should be equally good as the tightvnc encoding.
Note: This server does not support or need a display. You need a vncviewer to see something. However, this viewer may also be on a computer running other operating systems in the local net.
Other Packages Related to tightvncserver
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.14) [amd64]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.3) [i386]
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.4) [armel, armhf]
- dep: libjpeg62-turbo (>= 1.3.1)
- libjpeg-turbo JPEG runtime library
- dep: libx11-6
- X11 client-side library
- dep: libxext6
- X11 miscellaneous extension library
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- dep: x11-utils
- X11 utilities
- dep: xauth
- X authentication utility
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- sug: tightvnc-java
- TightVNC java applet and command line program