Package: t-prot (3.3-1)
Links for t-prot
Download Source Package t-prot:
- Homepage [www.escape.de]
display filter for Internet messages
This program provides "TOFU-Protection" to improve the readability of email and newsposts. TOFU is a German acronym for "Text oben, Fullquote unten", meaning the regrettably widespread reply style that leaves all the quotes untrimmed and just adds some text at the top. This script filters annoying mailing list footers, long signatures, and TOFU, as well as squeezing sequences of blank lines, exclamation marks, etc.
It currently offers example configurations for applying t-prot within heirloom-mailx, INN 2, mailcap, Mutt, or slrn. It should be possible to do likewise with other programs that allow a message to be passed through a filter before being displayed. If you use such a program we'd be interested if you could send in your setup.
Other Packages Related to t-prot
- dep: liblocale-gettext-perl
- module using libc functions for internationalization in Perl
- dep: perl (>= 5.6.0-16)
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- rec: mutt (>= 18.104.22.168)
- text-based mailreader supporting MIME, GPG, PGP and threading