Package: pd-fftease (2.5.2.git20121005-1)
Links for pd-fftease
Download Source Package pd-fftease:
- Homepage [www.somasa.qub.ac.uk]
live spectral sound processors for Pd
FFTease is a collection of Pd objects implementing various forms of spectral sound processing. These include an additive-synthesis phase vocoder, noise reduction, cross synthesis, and more unusual forms of spectral processing.
* bthresher~ similar to thresher~ but with more control * burrow~ a cross-referenced filtering object * cavoc~ an 8-rule cellular automata that generates spectra * cavoc27~ a 27-rule cellular automata object * centerring~ a spectral modulation object * codepend~ a classic block convolution object * crossx~ a cross synthesis object with gating * dentist~ a partial knockout object * disarrain~ an interpolating version of disarray~ * disarray~ a spectral redistribution object * drown~ a noise reduction (or increase) object * ether~ another spectral compositing object * leaker~ a sieve-based cross fader * mindwarp~ a spectral formant warping object * morphine~ a morphing object * multyq~ a four band filter * presidency~ a spectral sampler with pitch control * pvcompand~ a spectral compressor/expander object * pvgrain~ a spectrum analyzer for granular resynthesis * pvharm~ a harmonizer * pvoc~ an additive synthesis phase vocoder * pvtuner~ a spectrum quantizer for tuning to arbitrary scales * pvwarp~ a non-linear frequency warper * reanimator~ an audio texture mapper * resent~ similar to residency~ but with independent bin control * residency~ a spectral sampler useful for time scaling * residency_buffer~ a spectral sampler that writes to an MSP buffer * scrape~ a noise reduction (or increase) object with frequency control * shapee~ a frequency shaping object * swinger~ a phase swapping object * taint~ a cross synthesis object * thresher~ an amplitude/frequency sensitive gating object * vacancy~ a spectral compositing object * xsyn~ a cross synthesis with compression object
FFTease 2.5 objects will reconfigure themselves in response to changes in FFT size or signal vector size. Therefore, they may now be used in MaxMSP poly~ objects with downsampling or upsampling. Changes in vector size remain subject to limitations imposed by the current poly~ (and Pluggo) architecture.
Caveat: these objects are CPU intensive. A few of these objects in a patch could push your computer to its limits. Be very careful with playback volume as some of the objects produce dramatically different (lower or higher) overall levels.
Acknowledgements: This work draws heavily on the phase vocoder code presented by F. Richard Moore in his classic "Elements of Computer Music." Additional inspiration was derived from work on cross synthesis and noise reduction by Mark Dolson at CARL in the mid-1980s. We also wish to thank Miller Puckette and David Zicarelli for designing and implementing the framework under which FFTease is presented.
Other Packages Related to pd-fftease
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.13-28) [armhf]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.7) [not armhf]
- dep: pd-libdir
- provides support for the libdir library format for Pd
- sug: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language