Package: qemu (1:2.1+dfsg-12+deb8u10) [security]
Links for qemu
Download Source Package qemu:
- Debian QEMU Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Aurelien Jarno (QA Page)
- Riku Voipio (QA Page)
- Vagrant Cascadian (QA Page)
- Michael Tokarev (QA Page)
- Homepage [www.qemu.org]
fast processor emulator
QEMU is a fast processor emulator: currently the package supports ARM, CRIS, i386, M68k (ColdFire), MicroBlaze, MIPS, PowerPC, SH4, SPARC and x86-64 emulation. By using dynamic translation it achieves reasonable speed while being easy to port on new host CPUs. QEMU has two operating modes:
* User mode emulation: QEMU can launch Linux processes compiled for one CPU on another CPU. * Full system emulation: QEMU emulates a full system, including a processor and various peripherals. It enables easier testing and debugging of system code. It can also be used to provide virtual hosting of several virtual machines on a single server.
As QEMU requires no host kernel patches to run, it is very safe and easy to use.
This package is a metapackage depending on all qemu-related packages.
Other Packages Related to qemu
- dep: qemu-system (>= 1:2.1+dfsg-12+deb8u10)
- QEMU full system emulation binaries
- dep: qemu-user (>= 1:2.1+dfsg-12+deb8u10)
- QEMU user mode emulation binaries
- dep: qemu-utils (>= 1:2.1+dfsg-12+deb8u10)
- QEMU utilities
- sug: qemu-user-static
- QEMU user mode emulation binaries (static version)