Package: python-tables (3.1.1-3)
Links for python-tables
Download Source Package pytables:
- Debian Science Maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Antonio Valentino (QA Page)
- Yaroslav Halchenko (QA Page)
- Homepage [www.pytables.org]
hierarchical database for Python based on HDF5
PyTables is a hierarchical database package designed to efficiently manage very large amounts of data. PyTables is built on top of the HDF5 library and the NumPy package. It features an object-oriented interface that, combined with natural naming and C-code generated from Pyrex sources, makes it a fast, yet extremely easy to use tool for interactively save and retrieve large amounts of data.
- Compound types (records) can be used entirely from Python (i.e. it is not necessary to use C for taking advantage of them). - The tables are both enlargeable and compressible. - I/O is buffered, so you can get very fast I/O, specially with large tables. - Very easy to select data through the use of iterators over the rows in tables. Extended slicing is supported as well. - It supports the complete set of NumPy, Numeric and numarray objects.
This is the Python 2 version of the package.
Other Packages Related to python-tables
- dep: python
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-numexpr (>= 2.1)
- Fast numerical array expression evaluator for Python and NumPy
- dep: python-numpy
- Numerical Python adds a fast array facility to the Python language
- dep: python-tables-data (= 3.1.1-3)
- hierarchical database for Python based on HDF5 - test data
- dep: python-tables-lib (<< 3.1.1-3.1~)
- hierarchical database for Python based on HDF5 (extension)
- dep: python-tables-lib (>= 3.1.1-3)