Package: navit (0.5.0~svn5900+dfsg.1-1)
Links for navit
Download Source Package navit:
- Homepage [navit.sourceforge.net]
Car navigation system with routing engine
Navit is a car navigation system with routing engine.
Its modular design is capable of using vector maps of various formats for routing and rendering of the displayed map. It's even possible to use multiple maps at a time.
The GTK+ or SDL user interfaces are designed to work well with touch screen displays. Points of Interest of various formats are displayed on the map.
The current vehicle position is either read from gpsd or directly from NMEA GPS sensors.
The routing engine not only calculates an optimal route to your destination, but also generates directions and even speaks to you using speech-dispatcher.
The Debian packaging for navit doesn't provide any map. To see, where you can get maps from, see <http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Main_Page#Maps>.
Other Packages Related to navit
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.14) [amd64]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.7) [not amd64]
- dep: libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.0.2)
- simple interprocess messaging system (library)
- dep: libdbus-glib-1-2 (>= 0.78)
- simple interprocess messaging system (GLib-based shared library)
- dep: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.11)
- generic font configuration library - runtime
- dep: libfreetype6 (>= 2.3.5)
- FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files
- dep: libfribidi0 (>= 0.19.2)
- Free Implementation of the Unicode BiDi algorithm
- dep: libgarmin0 (>= 0~svn320)
- Garmin image format library (runtime version)
- dep: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.24.0)
- GLib library of C routines
- dep: libgps21 (>= 3.3)
- Global Positioning System - library
- dep: libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4)
- PNG library - runtime
- dep: libspeechd2 (>= 0.7.1)
- Speech Dispatcher: Shared libraries
- dep: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.0)
- Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
- dep: navit-data (= 0.5.0~svn5900+dfsg.1-1)
- Car navigation system with routing engine - data files
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- rec: gpsd
- Global Positioning System - daemon
- sug: maptool
- Converts OpenStreetMap maps to Navit