Package: libbz2-dev (1.0.6-7+deb8u2) [security]
Links for libbz2-dev
Download Source Package bzip2:
- Anibal Monsalve Salazar (QA Page)
- Santiago Ruano Rincón (QA Page)
- Jorge Ernesto Guevara Cuenca (QA Page)
- Homepage [www.bzip.org]
high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - development
Static libraries and include files for the bzip2 compressor library.
bzip2 is a freely available, patent free, high-quality data compressor. It typically compresses files to within 10% to 15% of the best available techniques, whilst being around twice as fast at compression and six times faster at decompression.
bzip2 compresses files using the Burrows-Wheeler block-sorting text compression algorithm, and Huffman coding. Compression is generally considerably better than that achieved by more conventional LZ77/LZ78-based compressors, and approaches the performance of the PPM family of statistical compressors.
The archive file format of bzip2 (.bz2) is incompatible with that of its predecessor, bzip (.bz).
Other Packages Related to libbz2-dev
- dep: libbz2-1.0 (= 1.0.6-7+deb8u2)
- high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - runtime
- rec: bzip2-doc
- high-quality block-sorting file compressor - documentation