Package: lftp (4.6.0-1+deb8u1)
Links for lftp
Download Source Package lftp:
- Homepage [lftp.yar.ru]
Sophisticated command-line FTP/HTTP/BitTorrent client programs
Lftp is a file retrieving tool that supports FTP, HTTP, FISH, SFTP, HTTPS, FTPS and BitTorrent protocols under both IPv4 and IPv6. Lftp has an amazing set of features, while preserving its interface as simple and easy as possible.
The main two advantages over other ftp clients are reliability and ability to perform tasks in background. It will reconnect and reget the file being transferred if the connection broke. You can start a transfer in background and continue browsing on the ftp site. It does this all in one process. When you have started background jobs and feel you are done, you can just exit lftp and it automatically moves to nohup mode and completes the transfers. It has also such nice features as reput and mirror. It can also download a file as soon as possible by using several connections at the same time.
Lftp can also be scriptable, it can be used to mirror sites, it lets you copy files among remote servers (even between FTP and HTTP). It has an extensive online help. It supports bookmarks, and connecting to several ftp/http sites at the same time.
This package also includes lftpget - A simple non-interactive tool for downloading files.
Other Packages Related to lftp
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) [amd64, i386]
- GCC support library
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.4.0) [armel, armhf]
- dep: libgnutls-deb0-28 (>= 3.3.0)
- GNU TLS library - main runtime library
- dep: libidn11 (>= 1.13)
- GNU Libidn library, implementation of IETF IDN specifications
- dep: libreadline6 (>= 6.0)
- GNU readline and history libraries, run-time libraries
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: libtinfo5
- shared low-level terminfo library for terminal handling
- dep: netbase
- Basic TCP/IP networking system
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime