Package: ext4magic (0.3.2-2+deb8u1)
Links for ext4magic
Download Source Package ext4magic:
- Homepage [ext4magic.sf.net]
recover deleted files from ext3 or ext4 partitions
ext4magic is a file carver (or file carving). It can be used when recovering from disasters or in digital forensics activities.
The deletion of files in ext3/4 filesystems can not be easily reversed. Zero out of the block references in the inodes makes that impossible. Experiences with other programs have proved that is possible restore sufficient information for a recover of many data files, directly from the filesystem journal.
ext4magic can extract the information from the journal and restore files in an entire directory tree, if the information in the journal are sufficient.
This tool can recover the most file types, with orginal filename, owner and group, file mode bits and also the old atime/mtime stamps.
Other Packages Related to ext4magic
- dep: e2fslibs (>= 1.42)
- ext2/ext3/ext4 file system libraries
- dep: libblkid1 (>= 2.16)
- block device id library
- dep: libbz2-1.0
- high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - runtime
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.14) [amd64]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.4) [not amd64]
- dep: libmagic1 (>= 5.12)
- File type determination library using "magic" numbers
- dep: libuuid1 (>= 2.16)
- Universally Unique ID library
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime