Package: bsd-mailx (8.1.2-0.20141216cvs-2)
Links for bsd-mailx
Download Source Package bsd-mailx:
simple mail user agent
bsd-mailx is the traditional simple command-line-mode mail user agent. Even if you don't use it, it may be required by other programs.
The /usr/bin/mail command provided by this package is a very simple one, and does not include many features that can be found in more advanced mail user agents.
For example bsd-mailx DOES NOT support:
- MIME (i.e. no attachments, no UTF-8 or other charsets support); - SMTP protocol (/usr/sbin/sendmail interface only is used); - POP3/IMAP (bsd-mailx reads local mailboxes only); - maildir format (traditional mbox only format is supported).
If the above features are needed, please consider installing another package providing similar /usr/bin/mail interface:
- heirloom-mailx package, - or mailutils package.
Other Packages Related to bsd-mailx
- dep: base-files (>= 2.2.0)
- Debian base system miscellaneous files
- dep: libbsd0 (>= 0.2.0)
- utility functions from BSD systems - shared library
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.14) [amd64]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.8) [not amd64]
- dep: liblockfile1 (>= 1.0)
- NFS-safe locking library