Package: blktap-utils (2.0.90-3)
Links for blktap-utils
Download Source Package blktap:
- Homepage [www.xen.org]
utilities to work with VHD disk images files
The Xen Cloud Platform (XCP) is an open source enterprise-ready server virtualization and cloud computing platform, delivering the Xen Hypervisor with support for a range of guest operating systems. This package is part of it. It implements the userland part of the blktap driver.
Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) is a file format standard which maps logical hard disk contents to a physical disk image format, which can then be more efficiently stored in a variety of different storage types, such as file systems or logical volumes.
VHDs are container files storing block metadata alongside a virtual disk's contents, in a single disk image. The metadata enables advanced storage backend capabilities, such as thin provisioning, disk image snapshotting, and coalescing of differencing disks.
This package contains user utilities to inspect, test, and manipulate Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) images through libvhd, and the control utilities needed to create destroy and manipulate devices ('tap-ctl'), the 'tapdisk' driver program to perform tap devices I/O, and a number of image drivers.
Other Packages Related to blktap-utils
- dep: blktap-dkms
- Xen API blktap kernel component DKMS package
- dep: libaio1 (>= 0.3.93)
- Linux kernel AIO access library - shared library
- dep: libblktapctl0 (= 2.0.90-3)
- Xen API blktapctl shared library (shared library)
- dep: libuuid1 (>= 2.16)
- Universally Unique ID library
- dep: libvhd0 (= 2.0.90-3)
- VHD file format access library
- dep: libvhdio-2.0.90 (= 2.0.90-3)
- Xen API blktap shared library (shared library)