Package: apt-transport-tor (0.2.1-1)
Links for apt-transport-tor
Download Source Package apt-transport-tor:
- Homepage [github.com]
APT transport for anonymous package downloads via Tor
Provides support in APT for downloading packages anonymously via the Tor network.
APT already includes mechanisms for guaranteeing the authenticity of the packages you download. However, an adversary sniffing your network traffic can still see what software you are installing.
Install apt-transport-tor, edit your sources.list to include only tor:// URLs, and you can make it very difficult for anyone intercepting your network traffic to be able to tell that you are installing Debian packages, or which packages you are installing.
Please note that this approach is only as secure as Tor itself - this software cannot protect you from an attacker who has access to your local machine. In addition, attackers may be able to correlate your network traffic with the packets coming out of an exit node, so do be careful.
Other Packages Related to apt-transport-tor
- dep: libapt-pkg4.12 (>= 0.8.16~exp9)
- package management runtime library
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.14) [amd64]
- GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.4) [not amd64]
- dep: libcurl3-gnutls (>= 7.16.2)
- easy-to-use client-side URL transfer library (GnuTLS flavour)
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) [amd64, i386]
- GCC support library
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.4.0) [armel, armhf]
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.9)
- GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: tor
- anonymizing overlay network for TCP