Package: dh-strip-nondeterminism (0.034-1~bpo8+1)
Links for dh-strip-nondeterminism
Download Source Package strip-nondeterminism:
- Reproducible builds folks (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Andrew Ayer (QA Page)
- Holger Levsen (QA Page)
- Mattia Rizzolo (QA Page)
- Chris Lamb (QA Page)
- Homepage [reproducible-builds.org]
file non-deterministic information stripper — Debhelper add-on
StripNondeterminism is a library for stripping non-deterministic information such as timestamps and filesystem ordering from various file and archive formats.
This can be used as a post-processing step to improve the reproducibility of a build product, when the build process itself cannot be made deterministic.
It is used as part of the Reproducible Builds project, although it should be considered a temporary workaround which should not be needed in the long term; upstream software should be reproducible even without using such a tool.
This package installs the ‘dh_strip_nondeterminism’ Debhelper command that strips nondeterminism as part of a Debian package build process.
Other Packages Related to dh-strip-nondeterminism
- dep: debhelper
- helper programs for debian/rules
- dep: libfile-stripnondeterminism-perl (= 0.034-1~bpo8+1)
- file non-deterministic information stripper — Perl module
- dep: libtimedate-perl
- collection of modules to manipulate date/time information
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language