パッケージ: fonts-sil-gentium-basic (1.1-5)
- Debian Fonts Task Force (QA ページ, メールアーカイブ)
- Nicolas Spalinger (QA ページ)
- Daniel Glassey (QA ページ)
- Christian Perrier (QA ページ)
- ホームページ [scripts.sil.org]
smart Unicode font families (Basic and Book Basic) based on Gentium
Gentium Basic and Gentium Book Basic are font famililes based on the original Gentium design, but with additional weights. The "Book" family is slightly heavier. Both families come with a complete regular, bold, italic and bold italic set of fonts.
The supported character set, however, is much smaller than for the main Gentium fonts. These "Basic" fonts support only the Basic Latin and Latin-1 Supplement Unicode ranges, plus a selection of the more commonly used extended Latin characters, with miscellaneous diacritical marks, symbols and punctuation. A much more complete character set will be supported in a future version of the complete Gentium fonts. These "Basic" fonts are intended as a way to provide additional weights for basic font users without waiting until the complete Gentium character set is finished.
There are, however, some wonderful new features that are still missing from the main Gentium family:
* Bold * Bold Italic * The slightly-heavier Book family * OpenType and Graphite smart code for diacritic placement * A few useful OpenType and Graphite features * Support for a few more recent additions to Unicode * Character assignments updated to Unicode 5.1
The font sources are available in the source package and directly on the upstream project website.
その他の fonts-sil-gentium-basic 関連パッケージ
- rec: fonts-sil-gentium
- 拡張ユニコードラテン文字フォント ("a typeface for the nations")