Package: libbackgroundrb-ruby (1.1-1)
Links for libbackgroundrb-ruby
Download Source Package libbackgroundrb-ruby:
- Ryan Niebur (QA Page)
- Debian Ruby Extras Maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Paul van Tilburg (QA Page)
- Homepage [backgroundrb.rubyforge.org]
job server and scheduler for moving long-running tasks into the background
BackgrounDRb is a Ruby job server and scheduler. Its main intent is to be used with Ruby on Rails applications for offloading long-running tasks.
Since a Rails application blocks while serving a request it is best to move long-running tasks off into a background process that is divorced from http request/response cycle.
This package is part of the Ruby library extras, a supplement to Ruby's standard library.
This is a dummy package depending on the library for the current default version of Ruby.
Other Packages Related to libbackgroundrb-ruby
- dep: libbackgroundrb-ruby1.8
- job server and scheduler for moving long-running tasks into the background