Package: latex-beamer (3.10-2)
Links for latex-beamer
Download Source Package latex-beamer:
LaTeX class to produce presentations
The beamer class is a LaTeX class that allows you to create a beamer presentation. It can also be used to create slides. It behaves similarly to other packages like Prosper, but has the advantage that it works together directly with pdflatex, but also with dvips.
Once you have installed the beamer class, the basic steps to create a beamer presentation are the following:
- Specify beamer as document class instead of article. - Structure your LaTeX text using \section and \subsection commands. - Place the text of the individual slides inside \frame commands. - Run pdflatex on the text (or latex and dvips).
The beamer class has several useful features: You don't need any external programs to use it other than pdflatex, but it works also with dvips. You can easily and intuitively create sophisticated overlays. Finally, you can easily change the whole slide theme or only parts of it.
Other Packages Related to latex-beamer
- dep: dpkg (>= 1.14.18)
- Debian package management system
- dep: latex-xcolor (>= 2.00-1)
- Easy driver-independent TeX class for color
- dep: pgf (>= 1.00-1)
- TeX Portable Graphic Format
- dep: tex-common (>= 3)
- common infrastructure for building and installing TeX
- dep: texlive-latex-base
- TeX Live: Basic LaTeX packages