Package: pbuilder (0.230.4)
Links for pbuilder
Download Source Package pbuilder:
- Homepage [pbuilder-team.pages.debian.net]
personal package builder for Debian packages
pbuilder constructs a chroot system, and builds a package inside the chroot. It is an ideal system to use to check that a package has correct build-dependencies. It uses apt extensively, and a local mirror, or a fast connection to a Debian mirror is ideal, but not necessary.
"pbuilder create" uses debootstrap to create a chroot image.
"pbuilder update" updates the image to the current state of testing/unstable/whatever
"pbuilder build" takes a *.dsc file and builds a binary in the chroot image.
pdebuild is a wrapper for Debian Developers, to allow running pbuilder just like "debuild", as a normal user.
Other Packages Related to pbuilder
- dep: dpkg-dev (>= 1.17.0)
- Debian package development tools
- rec: devscripts
- scripts to make the life of a Debian Package maintainer easier
- rec: eatmydata
- Library and utilities designed to disable fsync and friends