Package: shutdown-at-night (0.21)
Links for shutdown-at-night
Download Source Package shutdown-at-night:
- Debian Edu Packaging Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Petter Reinholdtsen (QA Page)
- Mike Gabriel (QA Page)
System to shut down clients at night, and wake them in the morning
With this tool you can schedule regular shutdowns of workstations in the evening, and also wake them up every morning, using either nvram-wakeup, ACPI wakeup or wake-on-lan.
For the wake-on-lan wake-up sequence you need one awake machine on your local network / subnet. This can be a server machine or a client machine that got just previously woken up by nvram-wakeup.
The shutdown sequence will be initiated hourly after 4pm via a CRON job. However, only machines that appear inactive / unused will be shut down. Machines that are currently in use will remain up and running.
The Shutdown-at-Night tool can be activated via a config file or via membership in a NIS netgroup called shutdown-at-night-hosts.
Other Packages Related to shutdown-at-night
- dep: ethtool
- display or change Ethernet device settings
- dep: fping
- sends ICMP ECHO_REQUEST packets to network hosts
- dep: ng-utils
- Tool to access netgroups from the command line
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- dep: wakeonlan
- Sends 'magic packets' to wake-on-LAN enabled ethernet adapters
- dep: x11-utils
- X11 utilities
- rec: nvram-wakeup
- Read/write the WakeUp time from/to the BIOS
- sug: sitesummary
- Generate site summary of submitting hosts (server part)