Package: boinc-virtualbox (7.14.2+dfsg-3) [contrib]
Links for boinc-virtualbox
Download Source Package boinc:
- Debian BOINC Maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Steffen Moeller (QA Page)
- Guo Yixuan (郭溢譞) (QA Page)
- Gianfranco Costamagna (QA Page)
- Homepage [boinc.berkeley.edu]
metapackage for virtualbox-savvy projects
The Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing (BOINC) is a software platform for distributed computing: several initiatives of various scientific disciplines all compete for the idle time of desktop computers. The developers' web site at the University of Berkeley serves as a common portal to the otherwise independently run projects.
Regular users (righteously) often find it an unbearable nuisance to care for the exact configuration of BOINC for virtualbox-based projects. This package adds a series of dependencies from the contrib section to the regular boinc package. This also meant this binary package to be redistributed in the contrib section of Debian.
Other Packages Related to boinc-virtualbox
- dep: boinc-client
- core client for the BOINC distributed computing infrastructure