Package: python3-fitsio (1.0.5+dfsg-2)
Links for python3-fitsio
Download Source Package python-fitsio:
- Homepage [github.com]
Python 3 library to read from and write to FITS files
Fitsio provides an easy to use object-oriented API including providing a Numpy interface to FITS files read from CFITSIO. It allows direct access to the columns of a FITS binary table which can be useful for reading large fits files. Compared to astropy.io.fits, this package is closer to the underlying cfitsio library.
Fitsio also exposes a microlanguage (implemented in CFITSIO) for making efficient SQL-like queries of tables (single tables only though–no joins or anything like that).
Other Packages Related to python3-fitsio
- dep: libcfitsio8 (>= 3.470~)
- shared library for I/O with FITS format data files
- dep: python3
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default python3 version)
- dep: python3 (<< 3.8)
- dep: python3 (>= 3.7~)
- dep: python3-numpy (>= 1:1.16.0~rc1)
- Fast array facility to the Python 3 language