Package: vde2 (2.2.3-3)
Links for vde2
Download Source Package vde2:
- Debian VSquare Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Ludovico Gardenghi (QA Page)
- Guido Trotter (QA Page)
- Piotr Roszatycki (QA Page)
- Filippo Giunchedi (QA Page)
- Luca Bigliardi (QA Page)
- Homepage [vde.sourceforge.net]
Virtual Distributed Ethernet
VDE is a virtual switch that can connect multiple virtual machines together, both local and remote.
Components of the VDE architecture are VDE switches (virtual counterpart of ethernet switches) and VDE cables (virtual counterpart of a crossed-cable used to connect two switches).
VDE 2 includes:
- switch management both from console and from a "unix socket terminal" - VLAN 801.1q - FSTP (fast spanning tree) - distributed cable manager using a blowfish encrypted channel - wire packet filter to emulate delays and packet loss on virtual wires
Examples of VDE uses:
- With VDE it is possible to create a virtual network of QEMU machines running on several real computer - VDE can be used to create tunnels (even crossing masqueraded networks) - VDE can provide mobility support
The VDE also provides bi-directional pipe command (dpipe) and remote terminal for unix sockets (unixterm).
The Debian package provides a nice extension for /etc/network/interfaces file for easy set up.
Other Packages Related to vde2
- dep: adduser
- Ajouter ou supprimer des utilisateurs ou groupes
- dep: libpcap0.8 (>= 1.0.0-1)
- system interface for user-level packet capture
- dep: libvde0
- Virtual Distributed Ethernet - support libraries
- dep: libvdeplug2
- Virtual Distributed Ethernet - Plug library