Paquet : raccoon (1.0b-4) [contrib]
Liens pour raccoon
Ressources Debian :
- Rapports de bogues
- Developer Information
- Journal des modifications Debian
- Fichier de licence
- Suivis des correctifs pour Debian
Télécharger le paquet source raccoon :
- Debian Med Packaging Team (Page QA, Archive du courrier électronique)
- Steffen Moeller (Page QA)
- Andreas Tille (Page QA)
Ressources externes :
- Page d'accueil [autodock.scripps.edu]
Paquets similaires :
preparation of in silico drug screening projects
The field of computational biology is all about modeling physiochemical entities. Structural biology is about how those entities look in 3D and behave. Assume a specific behaviour (and only this) of a drug can be changed in a defined way.
Some good part of the characterisation of promising drug-like compounds for their interaction with a larger protein can be done on computers. This package helps with getting collections of small ligands prepared to be fitted against a particular protein of known structure. That docking itself is then to be performed by autodock or autodock-vina.
Raccoon may not find the drug, but it may well find a lead to it. To have this package with Debian shall help smaller biochemistry labs and grants an opportunity for the general public to educate itself and/or actively join in to help the world .... just a bit.
Autres paquets associés à raccoon
- dep: autodocktools
- GUI to help set up, launch and analyze AutoDock dockings
- dep: python
- langage interactif de haut niveau orienté objet (version Python2)