Package: apt-cacher (1.7.6)
Links for apt-cacher
Download Source Package apt-cacher:
Caching proxy for Debian package and source files
Apt-cacher performs caching of files requested by apt-get (or other clients such as aptitude, synaptic). It is most useful for local area networks with slow internet uplink or as a method for reducing multiple large downloads.
When a package is requested, the cache checks whether it already has the requested version, in which case it sends the package to the user immediately. If not, it downloads the package while streaming it to the user at the same time. A local copy is then kept for use by other users.
Apt-cacher has been optimized for best utilization of network bandwidth and efficiency even on slow low-memory servers. Multiple ways of installation are possible: as a stand-alone HTTP proxy, as a daemon executed by inetd or as a CGI program (deprecated). Client machines are configured by changing APT's proxy configuration or modification of access URLs in sources.list.
The package includes utilities to clean the cache (removing obsolete package files), generate usage reports and import existing package files. Optional features include a simple package checksum verification framework and IPv6 support. Experimental features include support for FTP, HTTPS (proxying only), Debian Bugs SOAP requests as well as the simultaneous caching of different repositories (e.g Debian and Ubuntu).
Apt-cacher can be used as a replacement for apt-proxy, with no need to modify client's /etc/apt/sources.list files (and even reusing its config and cached data), or as an alternative to approx.
Other Packages Related to apt-cacher
- dep: dpkg (>= 184.108.40.206)
- dep: ed
- classic UNIX line editor
- dep: libfilesys-df-perl
- Module to obtain filesystem disk space information
- dep: libfreezethaw-perl
- module to serialize and deserialize Perl data structures
- dep: libio-interface-perl
- socket methods to get/set interface characteristics
- dep: libnetaddr-ip-perl
- IP address manipulation module
- dep: libsys-syscall-perl
- module to access system calls that Perl doesn't normally provide access to
- dep: libwww-curl-perl (>= 4.00)
- Perl bindings to libcurl
- dep: libwww-perl
- simple and consistent interface to the world-wide web
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.2-14)
- Linux-standardipohja 4.1 käynnistysskriptitoiminnot
- dep: perl
- Larry Wallin kieli tekstitiedostojen analysointia ja raportointia varten
- dep: ucf (>= 0.28)
- Päivitä asetustiedostoja: säilyttää käyttäjän muutokset asetustiedostoihin.
- dep: update-inetd
- inetd configuration file updater
- rec: libberkeleydb-perl (>= 0.34)
- use Berkeley DB databases from Perl
- sug: libio-socket-inet6-perl
- object interface for AF_INET6 domain sockets