Package: libcommons-net-java (1.4.1-2)
Links for libcommons-net-java
Download Source Package libcommons-net-java:
- Homepage [commons.apache.org]
internet protocol suite Java library
This is an Internet protocol suite Java library originally developed by ORO, Inc. This version supports Finger, Whois, TFTP, Telnet, POP3, FTP, NNTP, SMTP, and some miscellaneous protocols like Time and Echo as well as BSD R command support. The purpose of the library is to provide fundamental protocol access, not higher-level abstractions. Therefore, some of the design violates object-oriented design principles. Our philosophy is to make the global functionality of a protocal accesible (e.g., TFTP send file and receive file) when possible, but also provide access to the fundamental protocols where applicable so that the programmer may construct his own custom implementations (e.g, the TFTP packet classes and the TFTP packet send and receive methods are exposed). NetComponents was originally a commercial product, but after ORO dissolved, it was continued to be made available for those who found it useful. However, no updates have been made since version 1.3.8, released in 1998. Now that certain contract obligations have expired, it is possible to make the source code freely available under the Apache Software License.
This is a part of the Apache Commons Project.
Other Packages Related to libcommons-net-java
- dep: default-jre-headless
- Standard Java or Java compatible Runtime (headless)
- or java1-runtime-headless
- virtual package provided by gcj-4.4-jre-headless, gcj-jre-headless
- or java2-runtime-headless
- virtual package provided by default-jre-headless, gcj-4.4-jre-headless, gcj-jre-headless, openjdk-6-jre-headless, sun-java6-jre
- dep: liboro-java (>= 2.0.8)
- Regular expression library for Java