Package: libcommons-launcher-java (1.1-5)
Links for libcommons-launcher-java
Download Source Package libcommons-launcher-java:
- Homepage [commons.apache.org]
cross platform java application launcher
Commons-launcher eliminates the need for a batch or shell script to launch a Java class. Some situations where elimination of a batch or shell script may be desirable are:
* You want to avoid having to determining where certain applicationpaths are e.g. your application's home directory, etc. Determining this dynamically in a Windows batch scripts is very tricky on some versions of Windows or when softlinks are used on Unix platforms.
* You want to avoid having to handle native file and path separatorsor native path quoting issues.
* You need to enforce certain system propertiese.g. java.endorsed.dirs when running with JDK 1.4.
* You want to allow users to pass in custom JVM arguments or systemproperties without having to parse and reorder arguments in your script. This can be tricky and/or messy in batch and shell scripts.
* You want to bootstrap system properties from a configuration fileinstead hard-coding them in your batch and shell scripts.
* You want to provide localized error messages which is very trickyto do in batch and shell scripts.
This is a part of the Apache Commons Project.
Other Packages Related to libcommons-launcher-java
- dep: libcommons-collections-java
- A set of abstract data type interfaces and implementations
- dep: libcommons-logging-java
- commmon wrapper interface for several logging APIs