Package: xprobe (0.3-1.1)
Links for xprobe
Download Source Package xprobe:
Remote OS identification
Xprobe2 allows you to determine what operating system is running on a remote host. It sends several packets to a host and analyses the returned answers.
Xprobe2's functionality is comparable to the OS fingerprinting feature in nmap (written by a different Fyodor):
- Outputs its level of confidence about the OS on the remote host. - Remains usable even if intermediate systems (routers, firewalls) make slight modifications to the packets. - Can list the type of intermediate device (e.g. "Linux IP masquerading"). - Modular architecture allows new fingerprinting tests and new OS signatures to be added.
Project homepage: <http://www.sys-security.com/html/projects/X.html>
Other Packages Related to xprobe
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1-21)
- GCC:n apukirjasto
- dep: libpcap0.8 (>= 0.9.3-1)
- system interface for user-level packet capture
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1-21)
- GNU Standard C++ -kirjasto, versio 3