Package: sysvinit-core (2.94-5) [debports]
Links for sysvinit-core
- Homepage [savannah.nongnu.org]
Warning: This package is from the experimental distribution. That means it is likely unstable or buggy, and it may even cause data loss. Please be sure to consult the changelog and other possible documentation before using it.
System-V-like init utilities
This package contains programs required for booting a Debian system and doing basic process management.
The most important program in the package is /sbin/init. It is the first process started on boot and continues to run as process number 1 until the system halts. All other processes are descended from it.
Other Packages Related to sysvinit-core
- dep: debconf (>= 0.5)
- Debian configuration management system
- or debconf-2.0
- Package not available
- dep: debianutils (>= 4)
- Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian
- dep: initscripts (>= 2.88dsf-13.3)
- scripts for initializing and shutting down the system
- dep: libselinux1 (>= 1.32)
- SELinux runtime shared libraries
- dep: libsepol1 (>= 2.4)
- SELinux library for manipulating binary security policies
- dep: sysvinit-utils (>= 2.86.ds1-66)
- System-V-like utilities
- sug: bootlogd
- daemon to log boot messages