Package: libsoup2.4-1 (2.68.0-1)
Links for libsoup2.4-1
Download Source Package libsoup2.4:
- Debian GNOME Maintainers (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Iain Lane (QA Page)
- Jeremy Bicha (QA Page)
- Sebastien Bacher (QA Page)
- Homepage [wiki.gnome.org]
Warning: This package is from the experimental distribution. That means it is likely unstable or buggy, and it may even cause data loss. Please be sure to consult the changelog and other possible documentation before using it.
HTTP library implementation in C -- Shared library
It was originally part of a SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) implementation called Soup, but the SOAP and non-SOAP parts have now been split into separate packages.
libsoup uses the Glib main loop and is designed to work well with GTK+ applications. This enables GNOME applications to access HTTP servers on the network in a completely asynchronous fashion, very similar to the GTK+ programming model (a synchronous operation mode is also supported for those who want it).
* Both asynchronous (GMainLoop and callback-based) and synchronous APIs * Automatically caches connections * SSL Support using GnuTLS * Proxy support, including authentication and SSL tunneling * Client support for Digest, NTLM, and Basic authentication * Server support for Digest and Basic authentication * Basic client-side SOAP and XML-RPC support
This package contains the shared library.
Other Packages Related to libsoup2.4-1
- dep: glib-networking (>= 2.32.0)
- network-related giomodules for GLib
- dep: libbrotli1 (>= 0.6.0)
- library implementing brotli encoder and decoder (shared libraries)
- dep: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.53.2)
- GLib library of C routines
- dep: libgssapi-krb5-2 (>= 1.17)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - krb5 GSS-API Mechanism
- dep: libpsl5 (>= 0.16.0)
- Library for Public Suffix List (shared libraries)
- dep: libsqlite3-0 (>= 3.5.9)
- SQLite 3 shared library
- dep: libxml2 (>= 2.7.4)
- GNOME XML library
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.0)
- compression library - runtime