Package: nypatchy (20061220+dfsg3-2)
Links for nypatchy
Download Source Package cernlib:
- Homepage [cernlib.web.cern.ch]
CERNLIB data analysis suite - patch pre-processor for source code
CERNLIB is a suite of data analysis tools and libraries created for use in physics experiments, but also with applications to other fields such as the biological sciences.
This package contains the Nypatchy family of programs, the successors to Patchy and Ypatchy. These programs are intended for working with sets of patches (for instance, for use on different machine architectures) meant to be applied to a source code tree. The patch sets and common source code are maintained as a single text-based Patchy Master file (PAM file). PAM files can contain C, FORTRAN, or assembly code.
Nypatchy and related utilities can perform actions on a PAM file such as updating it; comparing it to an older version; or outputting source code suitable for input to a compiler, having selected some subset of available patches to use. These utilities can be used interactively, or can run in batch mode from a "cradle" file of commands.
While Nypatchy is still used in places, mainly high-energy physics, these programs are no longer under active development. They are not recommended for use in new projects.
Other Packages Related to nypatchy
- dep: cernlib-base (>= 2006.dfsg.2-12)
- CERNLIB data analysis suite - common files
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libgfortran3 (>= 4.6)
- Runtime library for GNU Fortran applications
- dep: libkernlib1-gfortran
- CERNLIB data analysis suite - core library of basic functions
- dep: libquadmath0 (>= 4.6)
- GCC Quad-Precision Math Library
- dep: libunwind7
- A library to determine the call-chain of a program - runtime