Package: ruby-globalid (0.3.6-1)
Links for ruby-globalid
Download Source Package ruby-globalid:
- Homepage [www.rubyonrails.org]
reference models by URI for Ruby on Rails
A Global ID is an app wide URI of the form gid://YourApp/Some::Model/id that uniquely identifies a model instance.
This is helpful when you need a single identifier to reference different classes of objects, for example in job scheduling, when one needs to reference a model object rather than serialize the object itself. Another example is a drop-down list of options, consisting of both Users and Groups. One has then a universal identifier that works for objects of both classes.
This package is part of the dependencies for the Ruby on Rails framework.
Other Packages Related to ruby-globalid
- dep: ruby
- Interpreter of object-oriented scripting language Ruby (default version)
- or ruby-interpreter
- Package not available
- dep: ruby-activesupport (>= 2:4.1.0)
- Support and utility classes used by the Rails 4.1 framework
- rec: ruby-railties
- tools for creating, working with, and running Rails applications