Package: python-psycopg2 (2.2.1-1)
Links for python-psycopg2
Download Source Package psycopg2:
- Homepage [initd.org]
Python module for PostgreSQL
psycopg is a PostgreSQL database adapter for the Python programming language (just like pygresql and popy.) This is version 2, a complete rewrite of the original code to provide new-style classes for connection and cursor objects and other sweet candies. Like the original, psycopg 2 was written with the aim of being very small and fast, and stable as a rock.
psycopg is different from the other database adapter because it was designed for heavily multi-threaded applications that create and destroy lots of cursors and make a conspicuous number of concurrent INSERTs or UPDATEs. psycopg 2 also provides full asycronous operations for the really brave programmer.
The main advantages of psycopg2 are that it supports the full Python DBAPI-2.0 and being thread safe at level 2. It also includes some extensions to the standard DBAPI-2.0 to allow for better thread performance.
Other Packages Related to python-psycopg2
- dep: libpq5 (>= 8.4~0cvs20090328)
- PostgreSQL C client library
- dep: python (<< 2.7)
- interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python (>= 2.5)
- dep: python-central (>= 0.6.11)
- register and build utility for Python packages
- dep: python-egenix-mxdatetime
- date and time handling routines for Python