Package: lxde-common (0.5.0-4)
Links for lxde-common
Download Source Package lxde-common:
- Homepage [lxde.org]
the Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment configuration data
LXDE (the Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment) is a project aimed to provide a new desktop environment which is lightweight and fast.
It's not designed to be powerful and bloated, but to be usable and slim enough, and keep the resource usage low. Different from other desktop environments, lxde don't tightly integrate every component. Instead, lxde tried to make all components independent, and each of them can be used independently with fewer dependencies.
- Lightweight, runs with reasonable memory usage - Fast, rund well even on older machines produced in 1999 - Good-looking, GTK+ 2 internationalized user interface - Easy-to-use, the user interface is simple, but usable enough - Desktop independent (suprise! Every component can be used without LXDE) - Standard compliant, follows the specs on freedesktop.org
Other Packages Related to lxde-common
- dep: lxsession (>= 0.4.4)
- a lightweight X11 session manager
- rec: lxde-core (>= 0.5.0-4)
- Meta-package for the Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment Core
- sug: lxlauncher
- Easy-Mode launcher for subnotebook like EeePC