Package: ettercap-text-only (1:0.8.2-10 and others) [debports]
Links for ettercap-text-only
- Homepage [ettercap.github.io]
Ettercap console-mode executable
Ettercap supports active and passive dissection of many protocols (even encrypted ones) and includes many feature for network and host analysis.
Data injection in an established connection and filtering (substitute or drop a packet) on the fly is also possible, keeping the connection synchronized.
Many sniffing modes are implemented, for a powerful and complete sniffing suite. It is possible to sniff in four modes: IP Based, MAC Based, ARP Based (full-duplex) and PublicARP Based (half-duplex).
Ettercap also has the ability to detect a switched LAN, and to use OS fingerprints (active or passive) to find the geometry of the LAN.
This package contains the ettercap text-mode-only executable.
Other Packages Related to ettercap-text-only
- dep: ettercap-common (= 1:0.8.2-10+b2)
- Multipurpose sniffer/interceptor/logger for switched LAN
- dep: libbsd0 (>= 0.0)
- utility functions from BSD systems - shared library
- dep: libluajit-5.1-2 (>= 2.0.4+dfsg)
- Just in time compiler for Lua - library version
- dep: libncurses6 (>= 6)
- shared libraries for terminal handling
- dep: libnet1 (>= 22.214.171.124)
- library for the construction and handling of network packets
- dep: libpcap0.8 (>= 0.9.8)
- system interface for user-level packet capture
- dep: libpcre3
- Old Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - runtime files
- dep: libssl1.1 (>= 1.1.0)
- Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - shared libraries
- dep: libtinfo6 (>= 6)
- shared low-level terminfo library for terminal handling
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime