Package: python3-w3lib (1.21.0-1)
Links for python3-w3lib
Download Source Package python-w3lib:
- Debian Python Modules Team (QA Page, Mail Archive)
- Ignace Mouzannar (QA Page)
- Andrey Rahmatullin (QA Page)
- Homepage [pypi.python.org]
Collection of web-related functions (Python 3)
Python module with simple, reusable functions to work with URLs, HTML, forms, and HTTP, that aren’t found in the Python standard library.
This module is used to, for example:
- remove comments, or tags from HTML snippets - extract base url from HTML snippets - translate entities on HTML strings - encoding mulitpart/form-data - convert raw HTTP headers to dicts and vice-versa - construct HTTP auth header - RFC-compliant url joining - sanitize urls (like browsers do) - extract arguments from urls
The code of w3lib was originally part of the Scrapy framework but was later stripped out of Scrapy, with the aim of make it more reusable and to provide a useful library of web functions without depending on Scrapy.
This is the Python 3 version of the package.
Other Packages Related to python3-w3lib